- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Hiring
Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Tuesday, October 25 – Tuesday, November 1, 2022 | Two-week virtual workshop.
This Core Classroom will provide a brief introduction to effective hiring. This Classroom will have pre-work of readings/videos and practical application assignments, followed by live chat session to discuss and answer questions.
At the end of this classroom, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the key steps to effective hiring
- Understand the potential impacts of bias on the hiring process
- Learn how to advocate for fair and effective hiring practices
Format: 2-week virtual workshop that consists of weekly live virtual group discussions. Students should complete the assigned readings and the media prior to the live chat session. Students should also come prepared with questions, both about the content and about any workplace challenges they may have encountered, to help drive the discussion. The goal of this course is to help YOU, so attending these sessions ready to bring up what you need is important!
Core Classroom Class Schedule/Outline:
Week 1: Tuesday, October 25 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Preparing to Hire: Understand the steps necessary to create the groundwork for effective hiring.
Week 2: Tuesday, November 1 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- The Hiring Process: Understand the basics of how to hire employees effectively, including best practices for avoiding bias.
CALL SPONSORED: CALL is offering a limited number of free seats to California library staff in this ALA course. Please use the link above to register for one of these no-cost seats. In order to gain the most impact from learning events sponsored by the CALL grant we ask that all participants engage fully (attend, participate, discuss and share). If you are unable or not willing to agree to this, please be kind and leave a seat or place for someone else.